All Primary Health members who are pregnant can choose to be part of our Maternity Case Management Program. In this program, a nurse will visit you at your home (or you can choose to have your visits at the office) every 4-6 weeks, and will help you with many things that are important for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy newborn, which is the ultimate goal of this program. Some of the things we help with are as follows:
- Referrals to childbirth classes, parenting classes, breastfeeding classes, and classes for new dads
- Help with understanding your insurance through the Oregon Health Plan
- Education materials regarding pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Education about infant safety and care
- Emotional support during and after your pregnancy
- Referrals to community resources such as WIC, TANF and SNAP
- Referrals to mental health, substance abuse treatment and domestic violence services
- Breastfeeding education and support, referrals to lactation resources and classes
- Help with developing a plan of care that is shared with you provider and the hospital where you will deliver your baby.
- Post-partum and infant safety education after you deliver your baby
*All members who choose to participate in this program will receive a diaper bag, diapers, and a baby blanket.